How to restream?
Restreaming enables you to publish your live streaming to multiple platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Periscope and more or to an external media server simultaneously. The source stream can be within 5centsCDN or any other external CDN with the following protocols such as RTMP, RTSP & HLS.
You can simply stream to our media server using any broadcast software of your choice or you can provide a source stream link and we duplicate that stream and send it to all specified locations. No extra bandwidth or hardware needed! So it is just simple as that, you have 1 stream that we can make 20+ more!
As per the usage of the source, this article is divided into 2 sections. The first section covers if you have the source stream pushed with an Encoder which is the Push & Publish mode. The second section explains if the source stream is added with source stream Playback URL, that is Pull & Publish mode.
Push & Publish
- To create a Push & Publish stream with your encoder follow the below procedure.
- Login to CDN Dashboard and click on Manage CDN.
- In the re-directed page, click on the drop-down menu Live Streams which is located to the extreme left.
- Click on theRestream button.
- Then, click on the Green Plus Button which is located at the top extreme right corner of the screen.
- In the re-directed page, under the Info section, provide the Publish Name and then the Stream Name after the /. If the name given is not already used will be accepted.
- Select the Origin Server from the available server list by clicking the Select button. Make sure to select the appropriate server which is geographically located near to your encoder.
- Select the Type as Push.
- Under the section called Platform, click on the Add New button and enter the credentials for which the stream has to be published. For example if you want to publish your stream to a origin media server or youtube, you need to provide the corresponding credentials here. You may add multiple channels and can Publish to various locations.