Domain Locking in Live Streaming
How to enable Domain Locking?
This Feature restricts the streams or contents to be delivered only on a particular website or domain so that there will be no unauthorized viewing and complete protection for your copyrighted content. You can also specify a particular IP on which the content has to be delivered or blocked.
In order to access Domain Lock feature :
- Go to Live Streams > Push or If you want to enable for Zones, Go to Zones > Push/Pull.
- Click on the View button available right next to your desired Publish Name/Zones.
- In the re-directed page Select Domain Lock.
- By default Domain Lock will be disabled.
- If you want to deliver your content only in a particular domain then toggle the slider to Enable mode and add the required domain name in Allowed Domains.
- If you want to exclude a particular IP from these restrictions, add those in Allowed IPs by setting the Toggle in Whitelist. For example, if you have added an IP here, you can able to playback the stream inspite of the domain of the player.
- If you want to Block the content delivery for a specific IP regardless of the Domain, you can slide the toggle to Blacklist and specify the IP in the allowed IPs
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Kindly note that we are not recommending to use Domain Locking for HLS. It's mainly designed for RTMP. Domain Locking will work only with clients that use referer, mainly with Flash player. It will work only with simple embedding schemes. Also if you want to use unique domain names in this field like teststream.com, http://www.teststream.com, www.teststream.com, www.123-teststream.com etc, the best option to enable domain lock for teststream.com is to add like this : *.teststream.com.