How to create VOD pull zone?
Using a VOD pull zone client can pull MP4 files from client's origin server and distribute as HLS across our CDN edge servers for further delivery. CDN servers will pull the MP4 files from clients origin server and packetize it to HLS for smooth delivery. MP4 to HLS Streaming is done
On-the-Fly Packaging. To create a pull zone, please follow the below steps.
- Log into your 5centscdn Console.
- The drop-down menu Pull under VOD, which is located in side bar under Zones.
- Click on the Green Plus Button which is located at the top of the extreme right corner of the screen.
- In the re-directed page, provide your origin server's host name under info (Clients origin server).
- Under Cache you can set the cache expiry.
- In Edge stetting , you can enable MP4 delivery (streaming). By default only HLS is supported
- From origin shield select the Region which is nearest to your source
- By setting the Bandwidth Limiter you can limit the speed based on the 'Rate' value after reaching a specified Bandwidth Limit.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Create button.
- Once created a message Success! Zone Created will be displayed.
- Playback url will be available under the option Playback URLs / Embed Code.
In order to view the created VOD Pull zone details go to Zones > VOD > Pull Zone. Click on the appropriate View button near to your required Pull Zone.